Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 29 A prehistoric paradox


ROOT: 30 Day Journal Project
Today's Inspiration:

"The creative force flows over the terrain of our psyches looking for the natural hollows,    
the arroyos, the channels that exist in us.
We become its tributaries, its basins; we are its pools, ponds, streams, and sanctuaries.
The wild creative force flows into whatever beds we have,
those we are born with as well as those we dig with our own hands.

We don't have to fill them, we only have to build them."
- Clarissa Pinkola Estés wrote that in Women Who Run with the Wolves
Today's Journal Prompts: 
My wild creative force looks like...
  
My wild creative force feels like...
  
My wild creative force is asking me to...
  
My wild creative force wants me to experience...

After reading these prompts my first thought was a wolf... but, I also remembered drawing a woman on top of cliff with large gold and white wings when I was in the military... so perhaps a winged creature was more suitable...
or maybe these aspects fit the cycles that I rotate through in my life. ...this seems to make the most sense to me because I feel that one animal represents the gathering of ourselves...and the other signifies our comfort and confidence in the outer world. It did not, at first, occur to me that there could be more than two sides...

On a whim I googled "what animal am/was I?" 
These are the answers I received after doing five different quizzes
 fox, wolf, golden falcon, platypus, and wolf again.

All of these symbols have shown up in my journey before, except the Platypus  ...Intrigued, I decided to investigate further. 
The appearance of this new entity seemed somehow significant.
The first site that popped up was "Wild speak" a site about animal energies. I found it interesting that the description coincided with many of the new questions that I have about my path forward while symbols that I have seen many times before are associated with the more consistent concepts that I have addressed in my lifetime.  

 " Platypus is the prehistoric paradox. It was considered a hoax, and is an animal of paradoxical behaviours. When platypus comes into our life it's time to realize that on some level, we just don't fit in, and we should be proud of it. Take pride in your contradictions, take pride in where your place is in society...(symbolizes that) it is crucial that we learn how to be at peace with isolation...."
Little Falcon , Fox ,Wolf


“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” 
― Clarissa Pinkola Estés

No comments:

Post a Comment