Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 28


The Union of Imperfect Pieces


ROOT: 30 Day Journal Project
Today's Inspiration:
"Have no fear of perfection...you'll never reach it."
Salvador Dali said that.
"Imagine he (Salvador Dali) just phoned you up from his Lobster Telephone to let you know this good news.What would you say yes to next, in your own creative adventure?"

The Day 28 prompts:

If I didn't have to do it perfectly, I would...  create and organize an art project that would bring members of the community, of all ages, together in appreciation of the arts.

My impossible / improbable work could include... youth and adults involved in a goal oriented endeavor of repurposing found objects to benefit our town/county...an installation piece in a community location...or something that could withstand the elements and be available to every member of our community all day, every day.

Perhaps something similar to the collaborative Mandala Project...but bigger, more people involved...something that brings together the flawed, used-up pieces and transforms them into something stronger. 
If I wasn't afraid of perfection, then I might... I am not afraid of perfection. I don't believe in it.

If I dared to strive for imperfection, then... I would continue to do the best that I can do when I can do it and forgive myself when I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment