Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 21 ~ Squaring the Circle

$16.99 to Buy and PRINT THIS  OR
Buy the Inverted Digital File of this colored pencil drawing

This particular shade of blue brings me a sense of comfort and peace. It reminds me of Forget-Me-Nots, although most I have seen in life are a slightly darker, more lavender, shade. Yellow petals remind me of Sunflowers. Together they remind me of my mother. She was a passionate person. We were often passionate about opposite things. She told me once that she enjoyed my company because I was like my father. The knowledge of her presence always calmed me. No matter the turmoil, whether thrust upon me or self-induced; She was my friend and my companion, my confidant in all things that ever truly mattered. Knowing that it might chew me up and fling me back, She accepted my willingness and compulsion to fling myself at life.  I miss her.
My father was always there to brace her up against my adventurous nature. I imagine he must have listened to her worries. He taught me that you don't have to like something to be good at doing it. He showed me how to see the work that needs to be done and just do it. 
Young parents, I assume they must have comforted each other in the acceptance of a parents' lack of control over the choices our adult children make. 

SQUARING OF THE CIRCLE:
"This is the place of balance between maternal and paternal power....We feel capable of initiating action instead of being the passive recipient of the actions of others...We are ready to do not just be...Typical mandala forms of Squaring the Circle display designs characterized by four. Crosses, squares, stars, and flowers with four petals are often seen. The Squaring of the Circle is the place where we take a stand on what we know within ourselves to be right.  It is the beginning of life lived according to our own values."~Fincher

No comments:

Post a Comment