Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Writing Challenge~Day 2

Day 2 of the 15 Day Writing Challenge with Elizabeth Johnston
Topic: Writing and The Process

Writing is a way for me to communicate with all of the past, present, and future parts of myself as well as, a way to connect with others. I love to write at night when I am having trouble sleeping. Eventually I fall asleep and the words run right off of the page. 

For personal writing, I usually prefer to write on paper with my favorite pen but am not opposed to using Microsoft word so that I don't have to spend vertical time re-typing for public consumption pieces. Portions of my free-writing and personal exploration do often end up in pieces that I share with the public. However, it is rare for all that I have written in my night time notebook to end up in a public piece. 

During the January 2014 Root 30 Day Journal Project with Lisa Sonora Beam, I began exploring the combination of illustration and writing in a journal format. I did share portions of this process with the public.  © Sheila L. Kalkbrenner

No comments:

Post a Comment