Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Resting Between The Hoops

"Resting Between the Hoops" 

As my lofty goals of creative enlightenment and service flutter around my head among the expectations (and politics) of a Health and Safety Re-opening plan and the general administrative and marketing duties of running a business, I am pushed to consider the inevitable cost of holding space for others.

If I "jump through the hoops" am I allowing myself to be manipulated by the system OR am I doing the work that must take place to provide the space for wellness? 
Though I have always been selective about which hoops to go through and which ones to go around, over the years, I have learned that those hoops are only obstacles when I allow my ego to define them. 

Recently asked, what is the cost of navigating those hoops, I paused. 
Somewhere around 0:Dark30 this morning I heard the question,
 "What is the cost if you don't?"
And...there it was. 
Being "of service" to anything has never been the easy path to choose. 
So, I will continue to rest between the hoops and do my best to leave my ego sitting in the red tape as I move forward. 
Perhaps, I will also evolve a little bit along the way. 
~Blessings! 
["Hoops" 48" x 60" acrylic on stretched canvas 2001) ]


2 comments:



  1. This are new articles style for you. เล่นบาคาร่า You can find some new idea on this. เล่นบาคาร่า It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    เล่นบาคาร่า Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    เล่นบาคาร่า I am very glad for reading my articles.

    ReplyDelete