Sunday, August 18, 2019

Tunnel Vision

Three Guesses.
What's around the corner?

(Posted for Patrons First 8.9.19) Decades ago, when I was working three jobs, going to college full-time, and raising three children; I found this incredibly appropriate bit of wit on a pin in a grocery store. Back then, as an Army Veteran and Single Parent, I was lucky if I could keep a candle lit in the windy caverns of my journey... let alone see an actual light glowing at the end. 


Working in the arts, as the lighting shifts; I have come to understand that it is the winding nature of the path that I travel which often blocks out the light at the end. 
Rarely one to travel life in a straight line, I am still learning to thrive in the darkness and illuminate the abundance while I am in the midst of turning a corner with no clear outlet on the other side. 
In loving recognition of my personal efforts to see as I sit at the intersection of dedicated purpose, dwindling resources, honorable intentions, and individual security; it seemed appropriate to juxtapose this pin with a doodle I created in honor of the comfort thriving in the Creative Wellness  Garden at my studio. 
Recently, I browsed the garden (photos posted for patrons first) with a view colored by the knowledge that I may have to give it up. In spite of decades of appreciation for the starts and stops of relocation, I never cease to be amazed at the ways in which the consideration of impending departure influences my perspective of a place and inspires renewed appreciation for the life residing in it. 
Though no decision has yet been made, it would currently seem that the tunnel is winding its way into another dark corner and, despite my control-freak-worthy efforts, I've no way of knowing what resides on the other side. 
"(Obi Wan Kenobi tells us) The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds galaxies together." 
The Force binds our dreams and desires with our personal gifts so they can find outward expression. 
"Follow your feelings, trust your feelings," the Jedi knight urges us, because it is within the Force that we live and move and have our being.
The Force is Love.
Love wants, wishes, and wills nothing less than your unconditional happiness, harmony, Wholeness. 
Commit to discovering, acknowledging, appreciating, owning, and honoring your personal gifts. 
And may the Force be with you."  

No comments:

Post a Comment