Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Allegiance ~ A Pledge for Humanity


American Flag with Patriotic Art
United We Stand 

"The power to make up reality is a power that can be used for good or evil. The duality of human nature indicates that it will be used for both." ~slk
Because I respect and believe in the potential of humanity, my pledge to the Earth is in alignment with my pledge of allegiance to this Nation.
This 4th of July I remind myself that our nation is a work in progress full of people capable of following through on the original intentions of the constitution and capable of allowing those intentions to evolve to suit modern times.
"I do, solemnly swear or affirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."
P.S.
There are provisions in which one is not required to comply with unlawful orders.
P.P.S.
It's a flawed and outdated system.
Whatever the flaws, I am thankful to live in a country where we can peacefully discuss and address them.
In 2016, I wrote a very long bloggy, Still-Proud-To-Be-An-American post Thing, about this here.
Followed by:
........................................................................
“I pledge allegiance to the earth
of our beloved solar system,
and to all her creatures
for here they dwell,
one planet,
united in harmony,
with universal love
and compassion for all.”
~ Cherl Crews



(This is a public post I wrote for the BOFA facebook page yesterday in response to the Sacred Sisters Full Moon Circle Pledge of Allegiance to the Earth. This image is from that page.)


No comments:

Post a Comment